Monday, September 23, 2013

Filters


"We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are."



I saw this picture online. Ever seen the most beautiful girl in the world believing she's unlovely? Perhaps there is reality, and then there is our reality.Our reality is the precipitate of the real world, sifted through natural, internal and external sieves.

i. Physical Senses

I can only perceive the material world through my 5 senses. Things around me might have dimensions other than how it looks, sounds, taste, smell and feels. An elephant may exist as an entirely different thing from what I think it is, because I only experience the creature through my limited senses.

ii. Emotional States

Reality swings from good to bad and bad to good depending on our state of mind. When I am happy, the world is a rosier place. My future looks bright, reality is amazing (: When I am sad, I miss out on even the good things in life. Nothing is as bad as it seems-our emotions colour our view on the world.


iii. Other People

Other people's opinion shapes what we think. Whether I find something beautiful, good or bad depends in some measure on how other people have valued it before me. Everyone loves to dine at Lawry's Steakhouse, so I believe it is good. The reality becomes ''Lawry's is good."I feel lousy today, but when mum tells me I am a confident, wonderful person, I feel like I am lovely. Our reality is (to some extent) influenced by the filters of other people's judgement.

Perception is reality. Our perceptions can be changed. Many times it is because of the filters we have on. Tweak them once in a while- Seeing yourself through the eyes of loved ones, resuming work after a good nap and exercise- Reality becomes a little closer to what it ought to be! (:



Shooting for slim and sexy Rachel again





<adv> Shop at MSF & Glonixia! Cute bikinis for you beach bunnies out there.


Budapest- The Blue Danube



























It had an understated beauty in the day, and was simply dazzling at night. Certainly the most mysterious city I've ever had the fortune to visit. Hope to return someday <3


AND FINALLY... TO MY SPECIAL GIRL BABIEEE <3 <3!!


3 years of living together....Goodbye Sisi! Have fun baking cupcakes in Switzerland! Remember to show me your gorgeous German boyfriend!




And every once in a while we long for a different skyline, different sounds, a different kind of smile.




Cheers sweethearts
Kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment